Online Course: Dealing with Ethical Dilemmas in Professional Engineering
November 27, 2018 @ 00:30 - January 11, 2019 @ 00:30
In this course you will learn to deal effectively with conflicts of interests, whistle blowing, confidentiality issues and other ethical dilemmas in engineering that can jeopardize your business and your career.
Every engineer will face ethical challenges during his or her career. These may include conflicts of interests and entail the need to expose potential negative effects of the products or technologies under development. This course will provide a practical framework for dealing with such situations.
Besides analysing professional rules of conduct and practical case studies, participants will have the chance to analyse their own cases or experiences, thus promoting reflection and practical application rather than just theory.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the professional rules of conduct for engineers and how to apply them.
- Appreciate codes of conduct as an expression of the professional rules of conduct.
- Understand the conditions under which whistle blowing is warranted.
- Recognize conflicts of interest and develop strategies for handling these.
- Understand the importance of communication with all stakeholders.
- Apply practical strategies for handling ethical dilemmas and putting them into practice