- This event has passed.
Online Course: Design your Next Career Move
January 22 @ 23:30EUR197
Evolution, adaptation, transformation – change is everywhere and its getting faster all the time. Nowhere is this truer than in the world of engineering. Against this moving backdrop it is vital to ensure that you have a career where you thrive, feel valued and develop professionally. By joining our online community of fellow professional engineers you will open up new possibilities and learn how to explore the options, design and land your next career move!
In this course you will master a career-thinking model specifically aimed at engineers. It will help you to identify your career challenges and create scenarios that will enable you to take the lead in moving your career forward. Whether you are in the early stages of your career or an experienced professional, the benefits of following a systems approach will give you a unique advantage when planning and designing your next career move.
Professional engineers at TU Delft have examined future engineering roles in various contexts by looking at current trends and considering the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in new situations. These roles offer you possible paths for your future development as a professional engineer.
During this course, which consists of 5 modules plus a getting started module, you will work through a five-step career-thinking model reflecting on your unique experiences, attitudes and strengths. You will define your current career challenge, explore different solutions and walk away with a validated and tailored role that inspires and motivates you.
In this course you will:
- Review your career to date to identify your strengths and potential.
- Define your current career challenges.
- Receive expert and peer advice on potential solutions to your career challenges.
- Experiment with ideas to tackle your career challenges and conduct searches to identify a list of target companies and roles that best suit your career aspirations.
- Validate your preferred role and test this option so you can make an informed decision.
- Create an action plan to actualise your next career move.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define your next career challenges
- Use a career-thinking model
- Create your preferred role for now and in the future
- Get involved with a supportive community to seek feedback and open up possibilities
- Develop and evaluate actions for testing your options.