- This event has passed.
Online Course: Effective Decision Making: Dealing with Business Complexity
December 22, 2019 @ 23:30Free – USD125
As an engineer in a leadership position, you will be faced with new responsibilities and tasks. These may include developing a business (unit) strategy and a business plan and being involved in strategic planning. Your success in dealing with these new responsibilities will largely depend on your ability to have a helicopter view of a situation and to make sound decisions. In order to make decsions to move your organization forward, leaders will need to ensure that business goals are achievable and well-balanced while also taking into account the uncertainty of future developments. In a complex business environment, a sound strategy is the result of applying a strategic mindset and systematic approach to decision making.
This course will help you in building and applying an analytical toolkit, including:
- scenario analysis
- stakeholder analysis
- goal analysis
- multi-criteria decision analysis
The focus of the course will be on utilizing your analytical skills in a business context, allowing you to unravel complex decision situations to formulate a sound business strategy.
- This course is part of the Professional Certificate Program Leadership Essentials for Engineers
What you’ll learn
- How to use a systematic approach to deal with complex decision situations
- How to apply a set of practical analytical techniques to support business planning and strategic decision making
- How to develop an analytical mindset that helps your organization move in the desired direction