- This event has passed.
Online Course: Offshore Wind Farm Technology: Design, Installation and Operation
March 10 @ 23:30EUR995
Offshore wind energy is a fast growing renewable energy technology that is built upon the expertise of several engineering disciplines. Engineers who work in wind farm design, operation and maintenance must understand the various disciplines involved in order to meet energy production and cost reductions goals. This is equally true of professionals who are new to this field.
Practical case study
This course was designed with the needs of working professionals in mind. It focuses on how the various engineering disciplines integrate in the design and installation of offshore wind farms. At its core is a practical case study of the design, construction and operation of an offshore wind farm. Each learning week will focus on a particular discipline, examining issues and challenges such as external conditions, installation logistics, dynamics, grid integration, operation and maintenance.
Experts of various disciplines
The content will be delivered by experts of various disciplines who specialize in offshore wind farms:
- wind energy experts will cover aerodynamics, power production, and wake effects;
- electrical engineering experts will touch upon connection to the grid and electricity conversion;
- civil and mechanical engineering experts will cover the various support structure topologies and respective interactions with the soil.
The course presents video lectures, readings, quizzes and assignments. You will have the chance to interact with other professionals in the field and share knowledge and experience through online forums.
The course will help professionals in the field of offshore wind energy to broaden their knowledge of the relevant technical disciplines and their integration. Professionals with a scientific background, who are new to the field of offshore wind energy, will benefit from a high-level insight into the technical and engineering aspects of wind energy.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how the various technical disciplines interact with one another.
- Be able to select the best options for developing and operating offshore wind farms.
- Grasp how wind turbines are designed to handle various conditions, such as dynamic wind and wave and loadings.
- Describe grid integration strategies for offshore wind turbines.
- Understand operational and maintenance strategies for offshore wind turbines and farms.
- Be able to cooperate more effectively with other technology partners active in the field and thus extend your professional network.