The OPD Tool provides a system that supports engineers in their daily working life while providing a structure for professional development. This results in a collection of experiences and professional competence over time which can be exported for multiple uses.
The OPD is very flexible and can be used in many ways to fulfil the requirements of any engineer in all roles and at all stages of their career. It is also ideally suited for professional qualification as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Incorporated Engineer (IEng).
The tool is built up of many layers and can be as simple or as comprehensive as you wish. The pyramid represents the capabilities of the OPD Tool, the more put in at each layer, the more you get out of the layer above.
- Apply online and submit all required documentation.
- Complete and build assessment portfolio with attached evidence.
- Generate in-progress portfolios for feedback and review.
- Submit final assessment portfolio online.
QUALIFIED CHARTERED OR INCORPORATED ENGINEER
- Required CPD can be recorded and tracked.
- Assign competence, category and hours to each task.
- Ability to carry hours forward into the next CPD period.
- Overview of assigned competence areas and categories.